Saturday, December 22, 2018

Some music history...

So many times I look for those cultural experiences that broaden the horizon. These adventures I've learned always have a story to tell.  I'm not a big fan of the country music genre, but stopping into a museum that claims to be "Birthplace o Country Music" well that was one of those place to check out.

On a cold December day and on my way to yet another airport I looked at my wrist watch and decided I had a half hour to spare. Built in the 1920's this was the Defiance Truck dealership.

We're goin' in...

The visit starts with a short movie in the second floor theater that explains how it all happened.

While your here you may catch a live broadcast on the radio station WBCM

In 1927 Bristol was the scene of the "Sessions"

There's a lot to see here.  I really like how it all started... and I have to say the roots of country are what I'd call folk with a blend of  religious expression.  A very long way from pick-up trucks, trains and  momma....

Merry Christmas JRO nad NLO - AML - Dad



No comments: