Sunday, August 30, 2020

Some times.... when you work really hard

You can change EVERYTHING!  I've seen it - I've lived it. I just saw it again!

As an engineer and these days as a leader of a company, I reflect on having been a part of the technical problem solving effort that made a difference.  As a young man I was a part of a handful of team efforts that changed business models... (V-22, Ford Edge, JLTV, CAT 3600, DME, DCTs and Hybrids - think Ballard and maybe how to do proper FEA or dynamics and the WLB and WLM) changed product trajectories and turned grim into victory. I've been privileged to come along at just the right time. Really - I have been blessed. It's made me so appreciative to my profession.  So many great people I have worked with along the way!

Every now and then, and now admittedly as an old guy no longer doing the heavy lifting...  now just responsible for putting the team together, for mentoring or crafting the teachable moment for the team to succeed, I get to see when magic happens.  Stars still rise to the occasion, problems melt away, success - always paid for by the hardest  work - it still happens.So take heart. You can do it too.

I have to say, to you, my visitors, you can change so much if you run flat out.
If you apply your gifts and when you get tired, you double down... never give up or be content with mediocrity.

You can change the world. I know you can!

All my love NLO, JRO and SEO AML


No comments: