Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Italy in June...

Business travel brings me to some pretty great places.  If I have time, I'll post a few pics of the Umbrian countryside.

Driving up from Leonardo da Vinci di Fiumicino I saw this Roman aqueduct and pulled over for a quick window pic.

I drove up a twisty turny gravel road and ta da... found this impressive place.

Lots of flowers all over!

Yup, my room - open shutters.  This is a converted 1500's era farm house.
Evening at the Poggio...

F4.5 ISO 800 18mm, still learning how to take a pic... I needed the faster ISO for a hand held shot.
Rocca di Umbertide al tramonto built between 1374 and 1389 - and right near by is a gelato shop!

Collegiata di Santa Maria della Reggia - This temple is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary, and is known as the Royal Palace, built in the second half of the sixteenth century, near the river of the same name, by the will of the people umbertidese.L'edificio.

Another day in Umbertide...
And now for a peek inside of the world famous Poggio...

Home sweet home to the weary traveler. 

Lots of art, this pencil sketch is quite old... the unicorn symbolizes purity in medieval romance. This is a local artists excellent reproduction of the Annibale Carracci fresco popularized in oil by Domenichino in 1604.
Garibaldi the unifier of the whole country...

Cool view of the Italian flag atop the main gate to the city of Perugia

Ok... now down this street on right just a little ways is the best pizza in Perugia....
My home made crust is every bit as good, but they have an edge on the sauce!


Hopefully I'll get a chance to do a little hiking tomorrow!

Ciao 

AML NLO, JRO, SEC AML

No comments: