Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Back to Montone

I get to travel every now and then and I really enjoy wandering around the little towns and hiking trails I find.  Tonight was the second exploration of a very beautiful Italian village called Montone. Montone is in the province of Perugia in the Umbrian region.  Mountainous, scenic and full of ancient history and some of the best cuisine a tired traveler will ever find.

So here are a few pics of a winter's evening trek through the village of Montone.

This bell tower  is set back from the main piazza and inside the castle wall.

Winding my way along a side street.


The indirect lighting in portals is simply enchanting.

On my way to the main piazza

A quaint shop right next to...

The gelato shop!

What a beautiful village!

Castle for sale...



Another led  lighted portal

A white washed ceiling, floor mounted led's... smart lighting.

Not open yet...

A look inside the TIPICO door

I didn't see anyone on the cobblestone streets because everybody was at the gelato shop or eating dinner!

Speaking of dinner, I stopped into Erba Luna again.  I love this place!

OK, truffles, walnuts and ravioli

...with a chocolate shaped konch shell filled with amazing goodness!
Hope you all enjoyed Montone.  I wish I could relate in a photo how beautiful this place is.  The switchback drive up the steep slopes to the ancient city add to its charm.

AML NLO, JRO and SEO AML

No comments: