Saturday, January 16, 2016

Fiumicino - NOT the airport

I've been through FCO many times over the years but have never been to the village of Fiumicino.  Well, now I can say that I have!  Just a few quick iPhone pano shots.  I have the day to explore!  Maybe check out that mud volcano :-)

Fresh frutti di mare from boats literally across the street!

It's a cloudy, cold day - but as you can see Fiumicino is a harbor town...

The fishing boats line the pier when they are in.  When they return throngs of people will buy fresh fish right from the boats.
Warm enough to work on this sailboats hull...  I was looking for an interesting pic of everyday life in Fiumicino.

The Italian Coast Guard stands ready.

Artist: Alba Gonzales. A tribute to the fishermen of the city of Fiumicino: the soul and economy of a place that draws its living from the sea.

This was where I ate my lunch.  Fresh and delicious. Served with Italian kindness.  I love Italy!

On the pier - fresh fish!

 
I discovered a new musician on this trip, this musician reminds me of Zack Sobiech's "Clouds."...  Hope you enjoy, millions have listened to "Lost Frequencies."  Just now heard of them... 


AML NLO, JRO, and SEO AML

No comments: