Monday, July 24, 2017

"Chicago style dogs" - whatever that means...

Ok so the carbs are done.  The culprit was the main metering jet stuck like glue to its seat.  The gunk is gone, we're ready to launch this beauty from  1959!

This weekend we'll post video of those '64 carbs pushing this cool Larson on a plane!  You will be able to hear the '64 Jake, making 75 HP on a plane...

Out and about I drove down Seymour Cray's old road to his shop today...

Sigh... these guys ate ALL of the flowers planted in the front yard...

Yeah, maybe a little grass  to wash down the flowers...

The carbs are back in place.  The launch of LMS Hazel is scheduled for next weekend!
OK, here's my super secret update on how to make a Chicago Style Dog that is so much better than that Vienna Beef dog with the neon green relish... that's what you get if you are unfortunate enough to actually be in Chicago!  LOL...

I used to think the Chicago style hot - dog was unusual, and pretty good. Guess what?... It's easy to beat!  Even the "Vienna Beef" is nothing special - it's easy to create a delectable dog w/o the Chicago associated stuff., really EASY!  So lets start with discarding that odd florescent colored pickle relish.  What the heck kind of processing creates that anyway?  OK so here's my secret tip... Maple syrup cured pickles.  These guys have a little bite with the spices bourbon.  The taste you really want though is the Maple syrup flavor... spice is a bonus....

Yup, some peppers no matter what you call them, sweet and hot is pretty much the key here.  That's really it. Simple isn't it?

Any brand of dogs will do, although I prefer Nathan's as I think they have has just the right amount of salt and flavor.  

Add the dog to ANY bread, some mustard and ketchup ( gasp the Chicago people are in denial - don't worry they spend a lot of time there ketchup and mustard taste great with the sweet and spicy flavors ) this combo handily beats IMHO, the "Chicago Dog."  Waaay way better!

Don't be stuck on convention!  Maple syrup (sweet), and the peppers (hot) bring this dog all the way home!  Let me know if you agree!

Stay tuned for the weekend launch of LMS Hazel!

This morning I happened upon a little bear.  I watched him cross in front of me so when I came up to where he had hid in the ferns, I whistled and sure enough, he stood up on his back legs and gave me a look-see. You may find him a roadside oddity, but he's just a neighbor to me!



AML NLO, JRO and SEO AML

No comments: