Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Independence Day 2017!

Another parade, the country is another year older, and so am I...  Wonderful weather for a parade and little well deserved rest and relaxation.  In this part of the US temperatures were in the upper 70's around 26C with clear blue skies.  We attended the local parade and have a few pics to share... In no particular order... My movies will have to post later (too big to upload)  There was a really fantastic fife and drum band, and a super Bagpipe band from Canada that marched in the parade. I'll post later.



Discovered a really nice new restaurant too!

View off my deck this fine morning!

OK, I've been to a lot of parades in my lifetime.  Never have I seen people place their chairs on the street (reserving their spot) 6 hours ahead of the parade! 

Roadside oddity!  Riding lawn-mower...



Oorah!

A '40 Dodge..

Too old to march?  Not a problem!

The classic 55

Memories of my childhood!  What a nice GTO

Man dressed as dog riding on a fire engine...

A Shelby Mustang...

The local kids!

Great CHevrolet restoration!

The very patriotic Batman made an appearance

The Hodagmobile...

The mayor takes a ride down main street...




Hope everybody is enjoying this nice summer and I hope those in the US had a very pleasant Independence Day!

AML and Happy B-Day JRO, NLO and SEO AML

No comments: